Fabric Info & Blends Breakdown
Here at Fusion Threads Co, we offer a variety of sustainably sourced, plant based fabric blends that are thoughtfully chosen to best fit each garment and dye style we offer.
We believe that natural fibers are the only fabrics that belong on our bodies. They are more breathable, more heat responsive, more comfortable, and healthier for our skin: the body’s largest organ. We believe that what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in it!
As we have grown, we have found that each of us prefers natural fibers to synthetics and feel exponentially better wearing plant based fibers compared to polyester.
Not all of our fabrics are organic but all of them are plant based! If organic is important to you, you will want to stick with our hemps, cottons, and bamboos. We love these blends for our pieces that require more structure, support and texture, such as our shorts, bells, crop tops, and joggers. We prefer to use lightweight hemp/bamboo blends for our dresses or anything flowy and heavier weight for bottoms.
While hemp is often stiff when we begin the process of dyeing and sewing with it, we have found that it softens beautifully over time and with washing.
When we want to showcase our geode and specialty dyes or create garments that require drape, movement, and a smoother finish, we opt for modal and tencel blends.
Modal and Tencel are cellulose fibers made from a collection of tree pulp - most often, birch, beech, spruce and eucalyptus trees. Chemicals are used to transform the wood into fibers, but they are non-toxic and use the closed loop production process, meaning they are still environmentally sustainable. The best way we can describe these fabrics is as a better alternative to synthetics. The finish of these fabrics is smooth, shiny, and soft which is why we choose them for our dressier pieces!
All of our fabrics are hand-dyed in house using fiber reactive, procion dyes, which contain no toxic substances.
Because all of our clothing is made from high quality fabric and hand-dyed, we hope and recommend that you take excellent care of your pieces by washing in cold water and line drying. You may dry the pieces in low heat to occasionally tighten up the fit or soften the feel, however the fabric will best retain its color and texture through line drying.
Please read the fabric blends breakdown and pay attention to the fabric types in our listing descriptions, especially if you are particular about what you wear or if you have any allergies.
Fabric Blends Breakdown
Bamboo Hemp Stretch Jersey - 240GSM (light weight & organic)
- 65% Bamboo Viscose, 30% Hemp and 5% Spandex.
- Soft, lightweight, very stretchy, and very breathable - a great summer fabric for a variety of pieces
Bamboo Hemp Stretch Jersey - 300 GSM (heavy weight & organic)
- 65% Bamboo Viscose, 30% Hemp and 5% Spandex
- Super stretchy while also offering support and structure
Bamboo French Terry - 300 GSM (heavy weight & organic)
- 66% Bamboo Viscose, 28% Organic Cotton and 6% Spandex
- Cozy, warm, stretchy while still breathable. Our most textured blend that we love using for the fall and winter months
Natural Hemp Stretch Jersey - 240 GSM (medium weight & organic)
- 53% Hemp, 44% Cotton and 3% Spandex
- A luxurious blend that offers excellent structure and fit. Our most environmentally sustainable fabric
Tencel Cotton Spandex - 230 GSM (lightweight & plant based)
- 45% cotton, 50% tencel, 5% spandex
- Soft, lightweight, and smooth. We love this fabric for smaller pieces and geode dyes
Siro Modal Viscose - 240 GSM (medium weight & plant based)
- 95% modal, 5% spandex
- This fabric has the most beautiful finish and drape making it excellent for dressy pieces. It is shiny, soft, incredibly smooth, and dyes beautifully